background

Friday, April 9, 2010

Progress made today!!

So today I had a lot on my plate, literally. In preparation for tomorrow night's neighborhood social mixer I made 5 cakes in order to layer them and make a rainbow cake. Can't quite visual it? Here's a sneak peak:



After each layer had cooled, I trimmed them down to make them all even. This is the leftovers. See how pretty the colors are?



This is the bottom three layers; yellow, green and blue.

Anyway, I figured that I would bring a real conversation starter to the shin-dig. When you cut into this baby it'll be a real surprise. I hope to use it to get some conversations going. I'll let you know how it goes after the party.

OK, now on to today's "date": the toddler storytime at the local library. Unfortunately the storytime is only on the first Friday of the month, so we missed this month's activity. Fortunately, L showed up and the boys got to hang out and read some books together. Since it was just the two of us I was able to find out more about her.

At a previous playgroup I learned that A is adopted. Her adoption story is quite interesting but I won't divulge too much personal information. L commented on my t-shirt, which reads "Blessed Matthew 5:5".



**Photo above from www.whatacuteshirt.com site.

I told her how I had bought the shirt in October of 2007 after my husband and I had tried for 19 months to conceive. I thought it would be a good reminder of all the blessings I had in my life. One month later we got our BFP!

This opened up the conversation and L talked about her fertility struggles. It was really good to hear her story. This is one thing that bonds us: infertility is a part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.