background

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another fun-filled day!

Yesterday we had two activities to attend; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It's a good thing that D has finally decided to switch to one nap! Makes planning MUCH easier.

Anyway, first up was shopping at a local outlet mall. I met five other girls for some good, old-fashioned girly fun. We hit up four kid's clothing stores: Carter's, Osh Kosh, Gap Kids and Gymboree. The best part? Outlet prices, of course!

Two of the ladies are preggers and due in May/July. They are both young, compared to me, that is...A moved here from New York and C has lived in this area for her whole life. The third attendee was R. She has a 3 month old daughter, M. The three of them knew each other somehow and spent some time catching up. The last two to show up were girls I had met at the mall playground, L and B. L had left her two kids with her husband so she was alone and B brought her daughter B with her.

B had to leave early as B was getting cranky the closer we got to nap time. L and I shopped pretty quickly so we walked on ahead to the Gymboree store together. The other three girls were chatting anyway so it seemed to be okay. On our way out of the store we ran into them coming in. It was dangerously close to D's lunch time so we had to skeedaddle. I apologized for my fast exit and we went home, but not before I bought this little number:



After a quick nap we were off to stop #2, playdate at S's. We were among the first to get there. (Punctuality has NEVER been a problem for me.)
Soon after, 5 more ladies joined us and we had a wonderful time talking about motherhood and giving advice to the newest mommy. She was full of questions!

Before we left we were invited to another playdate at K's house, which was today at 10:30. We contemplated going, but in the end we decided to stay home. We needed a nice relaxing morning. This afternoon we are having M and O over to play for a while in the sandbox. We'll break out the ice cream, too! What a treat!!

Tomorrow we have a church playgroup to attend. I am really looking forward to this as I may be able to meet some moms who will have kids in D's class when he finally goes off to school.

We are going out of town this weekend for a family baby shower and birthday party. I volunteered to make some goodies for my cousin. She is having a bake sale to raise money for a charity event. I'll be sure to post a picture of them. I plan on making them either today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.