background

Friday, April 16, 2010

Flexibility

Sometimes the best laid plans go awry.
L and I had made tentative plans to get the boys together today but never nailed anything down. I emailed her yesterday with some suggestions for get-togethers and never heard back from her. I have to admit I was worried about getting a brush-off so soon into my friendship attempt.

This morning I woke to an invitation in my inbox inviting D and I to another friend, K's house for an afternoon playgroup. Since I still hadn't heard from L and her name was also on the invite list, I shot her an email to let her know that we would be attending K's playdate and we could still get together this morning, if she wanted.

About an hour later I got a reply from L. She and A had been in Ft.Worth all day yesterday visiting her MIL, who was sick. A had gotten terribly off his nap schedule and she wasn't sure if he would go down for one or two naps today. We would play it by ear and if we couldn't meet up in the morning we would definitely see each other at K's. I know all about screwy nap schedules. D is JUST NOW a consistent one nap taker and it is at a consistent time, too. Hooray!!

She emailed a bit later to let me know that the morning nap was a no-go so we would just meet up at K's.

On our way to K's I had a thought: I shouldn't show up empty-handed, right? That wouldn't exactly leave a good impression. So we swung by the local Krispy Kreme shop and picked up a half dozen donuts. (There were only 4 RSVP's) Fifteen minutes we arrived bearing gifts. The ladies were SO excited to get a treat! Score for me!!!

There were two ladies there and we chit-chatted a bit and caught up since seeing each other last a few months ago. I learned that one of the ladies is moving to Louisiana in a few weeks. We talked about the housing market and how long it took to sell her house.

Slowly, the other girls trickled in, L included. She and A sat next to us and we caught up. She mentioned that they were going to check out the toddler neighborhood group and asked us to join her. K jumped in and said that she was thinking about taking G to it also, so we agreed to all go to the same one.

One of the ladies was at my neighborhood social mixer and we've "met" a few times here and there. I asked her if she was planning on attending the Creek Crawl in our neighborhood tomorrow night and she didn't know about it. I told her I would email her the info so she and her hubby could go. As soon as I got home I did just that so I wouldn't forget. She replied that they would come and couldn't wait to see us there!

So this was an eventful afternoon. I made plans to see three ladies again within the next few days. Progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

.