background

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mall-Rats

Today I met some ladies from the meet-up group at a local mall. This mall has a play area that was rated #1 Kid's Play Area in the state. Pretty neat, huh?

As usual, we were early. When we arrived there were four other moms there. Only one looked like she was waiting for someone so I tentatively approached and asked if she was from the group, praying that she would know what I was talking about. Luckily she was! We introduced ourselves and our kiddos.

Little by little other moms started to show up. There was a total of 9 moms and 10 kids, ranging from 4 months up to 27 months. The kids had a great time exploring the area and climbing on the play equipment. Dominic preferred to stay close to the ground, which is okay with me.



There are a few ladies who live close to me. I gave one of them the neighborhood website so that she can check it out. I doubt she'll come to anything, but you never know, right??

One of the ladies is 9 weeks preggo. She mentioned that she has to take a hormone and it has been making her nauseous. I asked if she was on progesterone and she was amazed that I knew what it was. We talked about her miscarriage scare and about my recent miscarriage(s). She seemed relieved to be able to talk about it.

Later, when I got home I got an email from her inviting me to a theme playgroup at her house: ties and tutus. The kids will get all dressed up! If you read my previous post you know this is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!!! Looks like we'll have to break out the tie again next week!

I also received an email from L, the park/library "date". She asked if D and I would like to do something this Friday. Since it is supposed to rain we'll have to find something inside to do, but I'm sure we'll come up with something, afterall we are both former teachers.

I'm actually starting to feel as though this "squeaky wheel" business is starting to pay off. D and I are BUSY but it's a good busy and I know it's for the good of us both. I keep reminding myself that he will model his own friendships after the ones he sees so that keeps me motivated to get out there!

Tomorrow my day is actually totally open! No plans whatsoever!! Maybe we'll hit up the local library for storytime. D has been napping around that time, though, so we'll have to play it by ear. Plus it's supposed to rain. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.