background

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Back to my old ways...

Well, tonight was the neighborhood social mixer. I was prepared to be outgoing and ask lots of questions. Unfortunately the old me emerged. I get extremely shy around my peers, plus I had to chase around D all over the backyard.

Luckily, my husband is a social butterfly and was able to talk up the men at the party. Apparently they all know each other from a neighborhood Spades club??? He managed to get an invite by one of our neighbors. This guy and his wife are expecting their first baby in September, right around D's birthday. His wife was busy speaking to another couple and I was too intimidated to interrupt. Does anyone have any tips on how to politely interrupt? I've never quite figured it out.

So, here is the rainbow cake that I made for the event.





It was definitely a conversation starter. Sadly, the conversation revolved around the recipe. I did have many ladies ask for the recipe so I'll be emailing them soon. Maybe I can use that as a way to strike up more conversations.

DH and I have already discussed the possibility of hosting the next get together at our house and making it a pool party. I think that's a great idea, don't you???

1 comment:

  1. Jo - I'm so proud of you. Making friends is so hard and staying as busy as you are must be exhausting, but wonderful for both you and D. I'd also like to know how to make the rainbow cake - I think it is adorable and I might need to make it for Lily's first birthday (8 1/2 months from now - LOL). I would make it for Hannah's birthday, but she wants chocolate:)

    ReplyDelete

.