background

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And so it begins...

Lately I've been in a real friendship rut.

As a pretty recent stay at home mom I've found myself looking for activities to keep myself busy. Not that chasing a 19 month old around the house while trying to do laundry, dishes, etc isn't busy enough, mind you.

It's just that as Dominic gets older I want him to have a few buddies to play with and grow up with. The kind of buddies that will learn how to be boys together, get into mischief together and learn to depend upon one another. I envision sitting at his grade school graduation watching a slideshow of the graduates and seeing photos of him with some of his classmates when they were just wee little ones. Surely you know the kind of which I speak: the obligatory birthday party photo of all the boys sitting around the table watching as the birthday boy blows out the candles; the camping photo of the boys holding up their miniscule fish catch with beaming smiles of pride; the halloween photo of the boys all dressed up like their favorite cartoon characters.

I want my son to grow up with other boys that he can learn to love as brothers. I know that as his parent I have a great opportunity to hand pick these friends for him at such a young age. The problem is: I have a hard time making friends myself. So I have decided to start this blog to push me out of my comfort zone and give me the motivation to get out there and find some friends for me and hopefully my son.

If I pick up any readers at all throughout this self titled Odyssey I invite you to give me any suggestions or advise on how I can be a better friend to others. Lord knows, I'll need it!

So here's the big reveal: My goal for the remainder of this 2010 year is to make 2 friends a month, so that would be 18 friends between now and December 31st. Can I do it??? I sure hope so! Certainly in those 18 friends I can find one or two who stand out and will be considered close friends, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

.