background

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Contacts made

Tonight we had the neighborhood Creek Crawl. There is a creek that runs through our hood and there are walking trails along the way. This month the HOA planned a neighborhood get-together along the trail. It was a mixture between a nature walk and a themed tasting. The walk started and ended in the mouth of a cul-de-sac that backs up to the creek. We were in the first group of walkers.

Some of the stops along the way were Creek Scum (jello shots, both alcoholic and non), Coyote Patties (chicken tenders), Fire Ant Bites (red hots), and Trail mix, of course. This is the group at the Creek Scum table:



At the end of the walk there was a dessert station and an adult beverage station, fully stocked. Since we were the first group to finish, we staked out a spot in the shade of the trees close to the trail exit. We ran into two of the couples from last weekend's social mixer.

One lady approached me and asked if we had met before, as I looked familiar to her. She looked familiar to me, too and we tried to figure out how we knew each other. After several negative suggestions we finally figured it was from church. She sat right next to me at church last Sunday! Her two girls were in Sunday school so she was alone. How funny is that???

She asked if I knew about the TC playgroups. I told her that I knew that they were working on putting one together, but hadn't heard from anyone if it had started. She asked for my email and said she would forward me the emails so that D and I can start attending. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.