background

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A bad case of Palmolive hands

With just 4 days to go until the big birthday party, the dishwasher has decided to go on the brink! My brother, the handyman supreme, promised us that he will take a look at it on Sunday before the party, but that means between now and then we either eat on paper plates or I have to hand wash everything. Not a good thing when I have to bake a cake AND cookie favors for the big day.

I have been hard at work getting ready for my little man's party. This "Toodee-inspired" shin-dig is coming along famously. I have outdone myself on one craft in particular:



This is a cardboard cut-out that I hand drew, cut out and painted. This little gem will be outside holding balloons around her arm, welcoming guests to the party.

I also finished the balloon wreath. Here's a picture of the unfinished product:



We are hosting the first neighborhood playdate of the season here tomorrow. Crazy, I know, what with us having a birthday party two days later. As the coordinator it is only right that I host the first one and it'll be a doozy! We are having a bouncehouse (that I secretly hope to use for D's party Sunday), a photo booth (well, sort of), swimming (if it doesn't rain-40% chance that it will), sandbox, sidewalk chalk, wagon rides, and my favorite: a Root Beer float bar! We have had 5 new faces RSVP so far. I am excited to meet all the new members.

And just for giggles, here's what shenanigans my husband gets up to when I'm not looking:



Nice, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment

.