background

Monday, August 30, 2010

6 days and counting...

First, I have gotten some inquiries about where we are with the miscarriage. I apologize for not updating. With the trip to Boston, baking for the shower and getting ready for D's SECOND birthday party, I've been overwhelmed lately.

The m/c is officially over and was painless and not nearly as bad as I was expecting, God be praised. This was our second m/c in a year so we knew this was a possibility, but it still sucks all the same. We are focusing on little D and what a blessing he is to our family and that has helped us heal. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. <3

Now, speaking of D, I can hardly believe that in just 6 days my little baby will be turning 2!!! He is already dipping his toes in the "terrible two" pool. Yuck! I still have my sweet little man about 85% of the time, but the other 15% is pretty difficult to muddle through. It's a fine line between frustration and madness, you know.

We are planning his big party for next weekend and I've been busy at work getting things ready. Here are some sneak peeks at what I've been working on:



This will be on the cake top along with a cookie shaped 2. Toodee is the inspiration for the party.



These will be in the favor buckets. It is a compilation of 7 of D's favorite Gabba songs.



This will be one of the signs to welcome guests. Remember the pot I made???

I plan on making some "Parking for Gabba fans only" signs for along the curb. I also have to finish my balloon wreath for the door and finish painting the Toodee land mural.

Now, here are the pics of the treats I created for the bridal shower that my neighbor hired me to do:



Strawberry jam filled shortbread cookies.



Red velvet cupcakes with fondant topper to match the shower colors.



Surprise inside cake. Four layers, each a different color to match the shower theme. My neighbor called me last night to let me know the cake was "F***ing awesome!!" I'd say she liked it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.