background

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The waiting game

Today we hosted a meetup playgroup at our house. In honor of today being the Chinese Valentine's Day I asked the kids to wear red and the moms to bring a red food. I supplied pound cake with cherry pie filling drizzled on top and oven warmed to a yummy goodness. M brought strawberries (YUM!) and L brought red jello.



Needless to say, the little one's ate well. D's hands were all red from the jello. You try eating Jello with a fork!

The kids had a great time running around and playing in the submarine. Yes, it's still up!

We had a blank cupid coloring page for them to color and they made beautiful works of art of them. I had some Valentine cards for the kids to share with each other and they were so cute handing them to each other.



Most meetup playdates last around one hour to 1.5 hours, so I didn't figure this one would be any different. However, this one went on for 3 hours!!! D was so sleepy that when we shut the door on the last guest he told me, "Ready. Sleepy." How's that for a sleepy guy?!

As for me, we are still waiting for the m/c to progress. I go back on Monday to monitor things and I'll know more then, hopefully. Until then, it's just the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.