background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Siete amigas y margaritas!

Well, I am afraid I don't have any pictures to show from last night. I know, right?

As the coordinator for my neighborhood toddler group, I wanted to do something a little special for my local hostesses who had a playgroup at their home during the month(s) of June, July and August. I had to figure out a way to have something nice while not breaking the bank- there were 10 hostesses in this time frame.

I finally settled on a Mexican Taco bar theme. I had chips, salsa, dip, taco meat, taco shells and all the fixin's for a taco salad or tacos. I had pineapple upside down cake for dessert and margaritas, of course!

One of the guests brought some awesome chocolate chunk cookies and we munched on those as well.

D hung out at my MIL's house during the party so we were totally kid-free for about 3 hours. I have to admit it was a little weird not having him run around. We had a wonderful talk, though and got to know each other a bit better with no interrupted conversations.

Here is the recipe for the dip I made. It was a real hit!!

Monterey Jack's Dip

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz.) can chili (with or without beans)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Monterey Jack cheese
1 (4 oz.) can chopped black olives

*Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
*Layer cream cheese, chili, green chilies, cheese and black olives in a baking dish.
*Bake for 30 minutes.
*Serve with chips.

Try it, I know you'll like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.