background

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name...

Yesterday was the school's back to school pool party at the club pool and my husband was on the volunteer grill team. We made an obligatory trip there to say hello and to let D see Daddy before he went to bed. Check out the slide!!!!





I've got to say this impromptu trip really pumped up my ego a bit. I walked in and immediately had three ladies coming over for a hug and to say hello. This is big time, folks. I actually felt comfortable arriving somewhere alone. Well, the little man was with me, but you know what I mean.

I was ushered over to a table to meet some other moms and ran into a church buddy from a few years back. She just moved churches just like we did and it was great to see her friendly face. We caught up on the church news and had a great chat!

We had to leave pretty quickly as the dreaded bedtime was looming before us. I drove home feeling renewed with my friendship odyssey. This was exactly what I was looking for when I started this blog 5 months ago. I have managed to come out of my shell and make some AWESOME new friends!!

Speaking of awesome...I was invited over to R and G's on Wednesday afternoon to make sock puppets. D has really enjoyed the two sock puppets we have here at the house so I knew this would be right up his alley. We used an old pair of socks, some pieces of felt, some googly eyes and some craft glue to make a cute puppy puppet. Here's ours:



We had a meetup yesterday afternoon that was cool. It was a football theme and the kids all wore their colors. D of course wore burnt orange. There were 8 of us present and we were able to sit back and chit chat while the kids played amongst themselves quite nicely with little parental interference. It's great when there's a group that genuinely gets along nicely.

This has been a great week friendship-wise. I feel like I am solidifying the friendships that I do have while continuing to cultivate new ones. Gosh, I sound like a gardener or something.

I know I've slacked on the monthly progress reports. I'll post one soon for June and July, I promise. I want to see just how far I've really come with my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.