background

Friday, September 17, 2010

Bunco (minus 25 years)



My Meetup group suggested we start a Bunco team as a MNI idea. I've never played Bunco, as I'm a good 25 years younger than your average Bunco player, but I thought this was an idea I could support! So I hosted the first Bunco night last night at my home. My husband took D to the IL's for the duration of the party and we girls got loud!



It was so much fun!!! We only had 6 ladies total, so we adapted the rules to fit our group. We played 4 games, each round you only needed 10 points to win, so the rounds didn't drag on and on like it would have if we played to 21 points.

Surprisingly, all 6 of us had a Bunco at one point or another. Our Bunco privilege was to wear a large scarf, babushka-style! Here I am sporting my best old lady look:



Since Bunco is traditionally an "older lady" game, I made these nametags to wear and we all wrote in our Grandmother's name, whether maternal or paternal. I was Fannie (story coming); we had an Ezal, Doris, Torah, Ida and one other I can't remember-oops!



We learned from my South African neighbor that to them Fannie is the front part of the bottom area. When she first moved here to NY she saw a commercial (advert) for the Fanny Lifter. You can imagine her shock until her husband (who is American) told her that here Fanny means the actual bottom. HA!!

The next Bunco night is already on the calendar and I'm definitely going. I'll be inviting some of my neighborhood ladies again. This time there is no conflict with the adult group so we should have a better turn-out.

We are off to the Arboretum this morning with my neighborhood girls. I've got some cool ideas to bounce off of them and am excited to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.