background

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Surprise, ya'll!

I have been busy this week getting things together for a surprise dual-70th birthday party for my folks on Saturday and haven't posted so I wouldn't leak out any details. Now that the party is over I can post a recipe that was SOOOOOO delectably good I can't even handle it, ya'll.

My dad's favorite dessert is banana pudding and I searched the net for a perfect recipe and I can safely say I have found it!! Leave it to Ms.Paula Deen to give us a scrumptious banana pudding.

Here's the recipe:
(It's not for the faint of heart or those on a diet)

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6-8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip

Line the bottom of a 13x9 dish with one bag of cookies and layer the bananas on top.
In one bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir to blend.
Pour the mixture over the cookie/banana layer and cover with the remaining cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is simply divine, ya'll!!! No kidding!

And since the post title for today is surprise, here's another one for you:



Please pray that this one is a stick-around-er!

1 comment:

.