background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Insert witty title here...

It's too early to be creative this morning, so I hope you'll stay with me.

Friday we went to the Arboretum and met about 9 other mommies. For the first time there were more girls than boys. We paraded through the blooms until we found a nice, large, shady spot and popped a squat. Some of the moms remembered to bring a blanket (which is my sneaky way to say that I forgot) and we all shared the three blanket space together to eat our snacks and/or lunch.

I packed D an early lunch: peanut butter and jelly sammie, diced pears, banana yogurt and a sugar cookie. He ate it all!! One ingenius mother brought a plush soccer ball as well and D had fun kicking it all around the shady area. I DID remember to bring bubbles (shocker!) and L and I took turns blowing them for the boys. I always forget how quickly blowing bubbles takes the wind out of your sails!



After getting good and sweaty, L and I headed over to the frog fountains to cool off.



She invited a former co-worker of hers to join us with her 11 week old little girl. She was so cute, with her big bow-head. I got the feeling that I was a bit of a third wheel, however, so I tried to give them some space. Perhaps they hadn't seen each other in a while or something? Anyway, I know she may have felt awkward being with a large group of women who have known each other for over a year this closely. It was nice of L to stick close to her friend.

D fell FAST asleep on the way home! Perfection!! He transfered to the bed easily and gave me a great break.



Saturday we attended our neighborhood's welcome party. We did some dancing, rode a little train, checked out the fire engine (and got a shiny badge sticker), listened to a few stories and ended with a good 20 minute bounce in the bounce house. Needless to say, he took his longest nap EVER: 2.5 hours!!!

Today we are going golfing with the meetup group. They have child sized clubs so this should be a real riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.