background

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to you, O!!

So I had an entire post typed out last night and my keyboard went all wonky and erased the whole thing!! Lesson learned: save!!!!

Ok, so yesterday I felt like a complete tarheel. I have been asking M for 3 weeks now when O's birthday is. I knew it was in May but could not for the life of me remember the day!! We met at the park for a little outdoor play time and it dawned on me...May 4th is O's birthday!! I had totally forgotten! As a mom, I know how the world revolves around my little one and surely she feels the same way!

After playing at the park for a good hour and a half/two hours we headed home where I promptly got a loaf of pumpkin bread in the oven! Baked goods always help to say I'm sorry, right? I even made homemade cinnamon butter to go with it.

This morning I ran to Target at 8am to pick up a few gifts for the birthday boy as well. A book and bubble blower. Ran back home, wrapped everything up all pretty (forgot to take a picture) and called M to see if they were up and around. We walked over bearing gifts (the best kind of guests, right?). She toasted the bread, buttered it up and we had a chat while the boys played. What a wonderful morning!!

While at the park we met two other members of the neighborhood playgroup that I've never met before. They both have older children as well as the little ones so they usually miss all the playgroups. This summer both ladies have decided to join the mom's day out program so they'll be able to take the little ones to some playgroups. It was good to put faces with names.

I also ran into K and her daughter G! K said that she has been under the weather the last few days, so I picked up a card for her at Target today and put a Starbuck's gift card inside. Dropped it into her mailbox on the way home and feel good about it. Everyone loves a little surprise.

While we were at M's this morning I missed a phone invitation from L to join her and A at Barne's and Noble storytime. She just called back and told me we definitely have to go next week. I've got to remember to put it on the calendar.

The Grands are home from their two-week road trip and will be visiting this afternoon so we have no plans to get out. Tomorrow afternoon we have an afternoon playgroup at K's. Our quiet week is about to get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.