background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The cake monster

Yesterday the ladies in the neighborhood playgroup hosted a baby shower for one of our own due in July with baby boy #2. Gifts were optional, though everyone had something to "shower" her with. Afterall, just because it's baby #2 doesn't mean EVERYTHING should be hand-me-downs, right?

The first thing that Dominic saw as we entered the kitchen was the cake. He pointed and squealed, "Cake!!". This is just one of the 60 or so words in his ever expanding vocabulary. He didn't forget about it either. Not even when I tried to distract him with the plush Brobee doll. (It seems that EVERYONE but D has one of these.)
Note to self: go by Tuesday morning this afternoon and pick one up!!

When it was time for cake, punch and present opening, D sat on my lap and shared my cake with me. After each bite he would say, YUM! So cute! He even enjoyed a little watered-down punch in his sippy.



There were 9 of us moms there: 6 boys and 3 girls. The majority are walking by now although a few are just days from taking their first steps, I predict.

L and I discussed the possibility of going to toddler storytime at the library this morning, but she couldn't reschedule the exterminator. She did, however, invite us over this afternoon for some play time. Our AC is out in the front of the house and she couldn't stand us being miserable in the 90 degree heat of summer.

If we end up having a visit, I'll be sure to post pictures accordingly.

In other news, D got his haircut yesterday. He looks so grown up. Check it out:

1 comment:

.