background

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Membership has it's privileges...

This morning the fam decided that we would start the holiday off right and visit the local KC pool. My husband is a member and this weekend was opening day.

I emailed a few moms to see if any of them would like to join us. Two moms are out of town and one had prior plans. However, she mentioned that she would love to come with us if we decide to go tomorrow. We are thinking about it.

R responded that they would like to join us and they met us here at our house at 3 to follow us over. We had to have them with us when we entered as they are our guests.

The boys had a blast!! G loved splashing in the water and even took a dunk a few times, accidentally of course. My hubby talked with her hubby and the conversation was easy and pleasant. R mentioned that we will definitely have to do this again during the week when it's not so crowded.

I still have to come out of my shell some more with her. As much as we've hung out I still don't know a whole lot about her. I need to focus and ask engaging questions to learn more about her and her hubby. Things like:

*what did you do before you became a sahm? I have no idea. I don't think she's ever mentioned it.
*what does your husband do? I know he is in a band and I know he has just started a new job.
*where did you grow up? Her hubby grew up in NJ but I'm not sure about her.

They stayed with us for about two hours before needing to head back home. We stayed out another hour and then had to get little man home to eat dinner and get into bed.

I would post a picture but G is in it and I don't want to invade their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.