background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kitchen genes

Yesterday we had a meet-up about 10 minutes away. This time the theme was muffins and magnets. Moms supply the muffins and the kiddos get to create with magnets on cookie sheets. A great idea, no?

We got up and got cooking! I made 2 dozen mini pumpkin muffins and my (now self-proclaimed signature) home made cinnamon butter. We plated it up and were off!

D was loving the fake kitchen set. I think he'll be a cook just like his daddy. Or maybe he'll take after me and prefer to bake. Either way, this kid's got the kitchen genes in him! As a matter of fact, he has a special wooden spoon that he totes around on errands and walks. We are Italian but I swear it has nothing to do with the old stereotype. He just loves this spoon! We got him one for Christmas this year in his stocking after he took a liking to one that he saw my husband's friend using in his kitchen. He gripped it tightly throughout the entire gift-opening process!

I don't know how I got so far off track there. Sorry. Anyway, D played with the fake kitchen and also liked the Little Tykes slide. This is the second one he's seen and he's loved both. Maybe a birthday gift???



I learned that two of the ladies are into scrapbooking and we are going to get together in a couple of weeks to scrap. I will be updating my project life instead of dragging all of my supplies out.

When I got home I had an email in my inbox announcing a last-minute mom's night out with the neighborhood group. It was from 6-8 and I enlisted the babysitting skills of my MIL to help me out until the hubby got home so that I could attend. It was at a local nursery (garden center). The owner had a wine bar set up for us and we perused the flowers and then had a sit-down "lecture" about perennials that work in our zone. We were all happy to get some names of plants that will work in this insane heat with little upkeep.

We have no plans for today but perhaps that will change as the day progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.