background

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Walk

This Mother's Day weekend I signed up for a walk to benefit the Pre-eclampsia Foundation. An online friend passed away in December of 2008 from HELPP syndrome, caused by complications of pre-e.

When I saw the walk being advertised in my neighborhood group's newsletter I jumped at the chance to participate. I am reminded of Heidi daily as I spend time with my son. Heidi and I were due two months apart and she died one month after her daughter, Abigail, was born. I think of them every night when I am rocking with Dominic and we are saying our night time prayers. It hurts my heart to think that she is not able to enjoy such precious moments with her daughter.

We made the thirty minute drive out and were informed that I was the #2 individual team to be participating, donation-wise! What a wonderful surprise! It was a perfect day for a walk. A little breezy, but sunny and warm. We walked 1.5 miles all around the town square, which was a quaint walk. Dominic fell asleep about a mile in.



We left after talking with the coordinators a bit-both of the ladies had lost little ones to pre-e. We went to a restaurant right on the lake and had lunch outside. After lunch we took a walk down by the water and watched the boats go by and called out to the duckies. A wonderful way to spend the day: doing something heart-healthy, spending time with my husband and son and enjoying all that God has created.



Tomorrow is Mother's Day. We are going to brunch with my IL's after church and will give her the framed photo of D as her gift.

Happy Mother's Day to anyone reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.