background

Friday, May 7, 2010

The mercury must be lying!!

Tardy on posting again. Husband has been out of town for the last two nights and without his extra pair of hands to help out, I've fallen right into bed at night as soon as the little one is sleeping.

Yesterday we had a busy day. In the morning we went to a different local park and met up with some of the ladies from my church mom's group. We got there around 10 and left 40 minutes later. It was HOT! Not a good park for shade. We ran into my OB/GYN's wife and their three youngest boys. While this may seem weird to some, I just don't get that weirded out ick-factor talking to her. The boys look JUST LIKE my doctor!! Shrunken down versions of him only with red hair. She is pretty polite. We've always just chit-chatted politely. Not sure I'd like to be friends with her as her husband has seen my more intimate places. Talking to her is one thing but hanging out is quite another!

We decided to leave as we were both red in the face from the heat! When we got to the car the display said it was 77 degrees. The mercury MUST be lying!! It was HOT!!

We enjoyed a nice cool house and ate lunch. After D's nap we were off to playdate #2. This time it was K's house. There ended up being 6 of us; 4 girls and 2 boys. We were the first to arrive (duh!) and had a great conversation about K and G. K is from San Diego and I've always wondered if G was born there or here. Turns out she is a Cali baby at heart!

We talked hair and Mother's Day and preschool options before the others joined us. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who is not too sure about putting D in a "daycare" type setting. I figure I am blessed to stay home with him, I don't want to be without him. Now every once in a while might be nice, but not three days a week from 8-3. That's a bit excessive, IMO.



When we got to the car L had sent me a text message to let us know that A had some bad allergies going on so they weren't going to make it. That sounds like a real friend, folks!!

Anyway, today we are going to a mommy celebration in honor of Mother's Day. I have some brownies in the oven as I type and they are smelling good! I'll report on how the meetup goes tonight. My husband is finally back from New Orleans! Lucky guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.