background

Friday, May 28, 2010

Friend tri-fecta!!

So I feel a little like I've just had a first date with a really awesome guy and am just hoping that he calls!!

Let me explain:
We had a scrapbooking meetup this afternoon that I've really been looking forward to. I had a project to get caught up on and this was the perfect time/place to do it. One of the attendees was G. Her son, A, will turn 2 in a few weeks and he is just the CUTEST little thing. Well, not quite the cutest...a-hem.

Anyway, from the time little A strutted in the door in his cute little Cowboys outfit he and D were inseparable! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Well, maybe not the cutest thing I've EVER seen, but it sure was heartwarming to see these two interacting. They were giggling and playing. Talking to one another as if they could truly understand each other.

When one sat down, the other did. When one climbed up on the little entry way bench, the other wasn't far behind. They were like long lost friends, these two! I have never seen D interact so animatedly before with another little one. It was great!!

As for the momma, G, she and I have common interests as well. She taught elementary school before staying home with A. She is also big into scrapbooking! Could the stars have aligned and brought me my fated new friend????

I sent her a message via the meetup site telling her what a great time D had and what a pleasure it was to meet them both and invited them over for a swim sometime next week. We will see them on Thursday of next week for sure as we are both attending a buggy little meetup.

I don't want to appear too desperate so I'm really trying not to weird her out, but I'll definitely be working on this one, folks.

Oh, and no photos, either as I left all recording devices at home!!!! Agggh! I so wish I could post a picture of the two little goofballs.

I invited R and G over this afternoon for a little playdate and they'll be here in about an hour. It will be nice to be just the two (four) of us. It'll give us a chance to talk some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.