background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The rising cost of friendship (aka: birthday parties)

This month we had 3 birthday party invitations, 3 weekends in a row. One was the Sunday before we left for vacay and it was out of town, so we missed that one. The next one was the Saturday we returned from vacay so we missed that one due to being on the road and the next one is this coming Saturday. We have another invite the 7th of May as well.

So yesterday Dominic and I set out to the Toy Store to pick up all the gifts that we needed. Man, when I started this friendship odyssey the last thing on my mind was how much money these friendships would cost me, but let me tell you....it ain't cheap!

Scattered throughout the year it wouldn't be too bad, but we had 4 birthdays in January and now another little clump of birthdays. I always try to put great thought into the gifts I buy. I think of each child and their interest and/or something their mom has mentioned that they would like. It's fun, but can be exhausting.

So...$125 later we left the Toy Store with 4 birthday party gifts, cards for each and a roll of paper. And don't forget the 2 board games I had to get D, as well.



I am already thinking about having a little welcome party for Miss Jillian in June. My out of town family has been talking about having a shower for me but there's not many weekends left between now and D-day and I'm not really up for traveling. I am researching Sip and See ideas and will hopefully get an idea that inspires me. Any suggestions??

Oh, and tomorrow is my shower for ladybug! So exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.