background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fishing, anyone?

Today we decided to make an impromptu visit to Gammy and Gampy at the farm. We haven't seen them in a while so we thought it was time to make the trek out there.

Along the way D played his harmonica and played with his flashlight. He told me they were his camping tools. I asked him if he wanted to go camping at Gammy's and he told me he'd like to go fishing!

The weather was nice, the sun was shining and I was hoping the fish would be biting! Gampy got the rod and reel all hooked up with a fresh worm for bait and together we cast for his first fishing experience! We seldom get photos of the two of us together so this is a treasure to me.


We didn't catch squat! I used to be quite a catcher of fish so this is kind of a bummer. However, Gammy, the great angler that she is (HA!) caught two fish!! D was pretty interested in checking them out but wanted no part in touching them. Smart boy!


I'm not sure he'll be such an outdoorsman. That's okay with me, though.

Yesterday we noticed a caterpillar attaching itself to our front walk wall. I took a photo of it and promised D that we will capture a photo everyday in hopes that we can catch it turn into a beautiful butterfly.

Day One

Today's photo was blurry so we'll have to take another one first thing in the morning. It's already made itself a nice, comfy cocoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.