background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lions, tigers and bears, oh my!!

Spring camp is right around the corner and as promised I've got the details right here!!

This week's theme will be Animals!! Dominic helped me pick it out and I'm super excited to get it going!! There's so much good stuff out there to help study animals. Here's our tentative schedule:

Monday- petting zoo animals
Read Click Clack Moo, Maisy Goes to the Farm
Create animals out of shape templates and create an Animal Cracker book

Tuesday- jungle animals
Read Rumble in the Jungle and Who’s In the Jungle?
Create lion masks from paper plates and Giraffe spots with Bingo markers

Wednesday- large mammals
Read Polar Bear What do you Hear?, The Zoo Book
Create zoo diorama with foam trays and yarn threaded through

Thursday- monkeys
Read My Heart is Like a Zoo, What do you say when a monkey acts this way?
Create monkey name hangers and sequence 3 pictures correctly

Friday- zoo field trip!!
Zoo scavenger hunt and awards ceremony
Graph of animals

I have been made aware of an animal class at the zoo that Friday morning that will be a hands-on activity with frogs. I will be emailing the mommas to see if they are interested. It'll be an extra $15 in addition to our tuition for camp. Should be fun, nonetheless!!

I made the t-shirts a few days ago. I am waiting to make the girls shirts. The Michael's by my house only had 4 lion iron-ons and I need 6 total. If I have to get a different animal then I'll do the 3 girls shirts the same and have the lion on the boys. So that's why I am waiting. I have to make a special trip to another Michael's sometime today, hopefully.

Here are the finished shirts:


I LOVE the color combo and how they came out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.