background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

This place is a zoo!! (Truly!)

So the bright idea was to meet some neighborhood ladies at the zoo since it was Dollar Day. Only $1 admission for adults and the babes were free. Sounds great, no???

Well, the exit for the zoo was so backed up it took me 25 minutes to get to the light. Police were directing traffic down a side street away from the zoo.
Looking back, this should have been my second clue that this was a BAD idea. I should have realized that the parking lot was totally full, as was the overflow lot. Already. At 10 AM.

I followed the HUGE line of cars meandering through the side streets through the ghetto neighborhood surrounding the zoo until the line just dispersed into various shopping parking lots and along sidewalks. No way was I leaving my car parked, unmonitored, in front of some house in the ghetto!! Not a chance!

We were on our way back to the highway to go home when I noticed the frontage road to get back on the highway was blocked by police cars. My way home was blocked!

That forced me to continue the quest for a parking spot. I came upon an elementary school fairly close by and snagged a spot. After a 15 minute walk in the 100 degree heat we finally got to the doors. Well, sort of...

We had to wait another 15 minutes in line to pay our way in.

Needless to say, our time there was short. I hate to admit this, but we didn't see ONE SINGLE animal. Epic FAIL!!

So, in light of the terrible morning and having NO pictures to share from my day, I thought I'd post the birthday craft I worked on last week.

This is an idea I got from one of the many blogs I follow. Here's the link: http://www.birthdaygirlblog.com/2010/06/guest-post-cupcake-stand-standoff.html

I took a terra cotta pot from Michael's and painted it Toodee blue.



Then I printed out a group photo of the Gabba gang and adhered it to the pot using ModPodge.



Then I wrote my son's name along the bottom. We will use this at his party in September. I'll put his birthday cake on top of it.

Pretty crafty, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

.