background

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peace, love, and Nemo

Yesterday my 9 3/4 year old niece came over to visit. She graciously brought with her a tye-dye kit that she was given for her birthday 3 years ago. We made her a t-shirt using one of my husband's Hanes t-shirts and then made 5 toddler t-shirts for my upcoming "summer camp".

I sent out an email to 5 of D's friends to see if they would be interested in joining us for a week of fun in the sun! All of them responded with a resounding YES! Well, one mom is a tentative yes, she is planning a trip to Seattle sometime around the same time, so she's not sure yet.

Anyway, I took photos to document the process.

First you band the shirts and soak them in the soda ash for 20 minutes.



Then you squeeze out the excess water.



Next you shake up your dye.



Then you apply the dye to the shirt.



Wrap the shirts up in plastic wrap (and a ziploc) to set for 4-8 hours.



I pulled them after 5 hours and rinsed them under hot tap water until the water ran clear. I also machine washed them twice and then dried them.

Here is the finished product AFTER I added the iron-on camp logo.





Look for upcoming posts regarding my summer camp in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.