background

Friday, July 2, 2010

Baking Day!!

I love to bake!! I have visited many blogs that have inspired me to be more creative with my baking. This being a holiday weekend was a PERFECT opportunity for me to try something new.

Tomorrow we are having a cook-out (depending on the rain) and I am bringing dessert. I made a small square cake for the five of us to munch on after lunch. What's so special about a square cake, you may ask??? Well this one is red, white and blue tyedyed when you cut into it. I obviously don't have pictures of the inside, but when we cut into it tomorrow I'll snap some. Here's the top:



Sunday, the 4th, we have plans to attend the KC 4th event at the clubhouse. They are in need of sweets for the cake walk. I decided to try my hand at it this year. So I whipped this baby up today:



Not very special? Well, I am loving the surprise inside cakes and this one is three layers; top is red, middle is white, bottom is blue!! I wish I could get a picture of the inside of this one, but alas, I'll never know who ends up with it. Ah, that's life...

After baking all morning we went to our second baby bounce playdate. There were 8 of us, one a new member! The kids loved wiggling and then got to have some play time afterwards.

A few of us made plans to meet up at the EC 4th of July Parade tomorrow. Hopefully it won't rain and we can check it out. There is supposed to be LOTS of kid friendly entertainment. Rain, rain, go away...Come again some other day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.