background

Monday, May 2, 2011

National Scrapbook Week

This week is National Scrapbook Week. What, you didn't know that? HA!
As a former big-time sb-er, I am aware of this little known title.

So in honor of this week, D and I will be doing something crafty each day to celebrate.

First up is a little book I like to call: "While you were sleeping". Jillian Grace will be here in just 36 more days (give or take) and I am anticipating a rough adjustment to naptime here. Since D takes one good nap from 11:30 to 1:30 I am hoping that I will be able to get at least ONE naptime that overlaps!

I have done a lot of research on naps and siblings. The advice that I am planning on taking is to ensure that D gets to have some mommy time during one of Jillian's naps- just the 2 of us.

In anticipation of this time, I had D sit down with me and we brainstormed some quiet activities that we can do just the 2 of us. Surprisingly, he was able to name off 11 events! Pretty good, huh?

I came up with the other 26. Here they are (if you are interested):

1. hide and seek
2. watch a movie
3. read a book or two or three
4. do a puzzle
5. bake cookies
6. fingerpaint
7. play-doh
8. color pictures
9. make kool-aid
10. eat ice cream
11. make a movie
12. sing songs
13. go swimming (with monitor on)
14. play in sandbox
15. make crayon stained glass
16. scrapbook
17. funny faces photoshoot
18. blow bubbles
19. sidewalk chalk
20. bubble bath
21. photo scavenger hunt
22. play a game
23. whipped cream letters
24. have a picnic
25. toss balls into laundry basket
26. make a fort
27. make puppets
28. plant a flower
29. make a card
30. create a bedtime story
31. face paint
32. lemonade stand
33. trace yourself
34. play mad libs (adapted, of course)
35. make a puzzle
36. make jello
37. race cars

Why 37 activities, you may be wondering. Well it's one for each day until Jillian's EDD. We made a paper ring chain and on each ring I wrote an activity from the list above. Each morning we will pull one off and put it in a basket in the playroom. This is our countdown to Jillian.



Once she is here we will pull a ring out of the basket each day during her nap to see what activity we will do that day. I am really hoping this works!! I plan on taking a photo of us each day doing the activity and putting it into a scrapbook.

Check back tomorrow for another scrapbook-y idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.