background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Arghhh, Matey! There be thieves, afoot!!

Recently Dominic has been obsessed with pirates. We picked up a few books at a consignment sale a few months ago and one of them was Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure. He and Daddy read it most nights at bedtime and Daddy even does the different voices. **swoon**

We recently expanded our Pirate Pete collection when Daddy got on Amazon and ordered the other 2 in the Pete series. We are partial to the Giant Adventure, but that is simply b/c that was our first one to be exposed to AND there are many fun voices to play with.

Last night while Dominic was sleeping I crept into his room and stole one of his new prizes: a longhorn that he chose to buy as a reward for doing his daily chores. See the chart below:
Anyway, I found a blank treasure map online that I have had printed out for about a week and decided it was time for a full-on treasure hunt! Daddy and I had fun sketching out the details and route. I got it all set up and rolled his map up just like a real pirate would and left it by his bed.

I took photos along the way, because that's the way I roll, you now.


Pirate D after finding his sword and hat.

Using his "spyglass" to help find the next clue.

X marks the spot!!

Avast ye, we found the gleaming booty!!

I must say Dominic was pretty into the whole treasure hunt. I think we'll have to design one for Daddy one day so he can go on a hunt of his own. Maybe the treasure will be in the oven! Not the baby in the oven kind, the sweet chocolate-y kind, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.