background

Friday, October 8, 2010

This little puppy...

This past week we were pretty busy.

Wednesday we met R and G at an Arts Center that houses a museum type children's attraction. It is math and science in nature and has some COOL exhibits! D especially liked the marionettes and the magnet board.





Thursday we went to the church mom's group playdate at a local playground. If you are looking for a nanny, this is the place to find one! The playground is in the middle of a very affluent neighborhood and when I first rolled up on the scene it was only dark skinned older women with very light skinned, blonde haired children. I knew right away that this was nanny utopia.

Since D wanted to eat his snack before playing, we sat at a picnic table in the shade and I got to eavesdrop on the nannies. It is an interesting dynamic. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with my son and be the main influence in his life. I cannot imagine that I could truly trust anyone else to give him the love and attention that I can. It is a sacrifice to stay home, but one that I'm happy to make and I'm so glad my husband feels the same.

I did run into J and her two boys, I and V at the park. I haven't seen J in about a year and it was good to catch up. We figured out that her youngest and D will be in the same grade at the school! I am happy that there are already a few cool mom's that I know who will be with us at the school as D grows up. It'll be great to continue our friendships as well.

Friday we met AM and M at a local consignment sale and I bought D some shoes, books and a few long pants for the upcoming season change. We made plans to meet up that afternoon to go to our local neighborhood park. K sent us an email earlier that morning inviting us to meet them as well. There ended up being 6 of us there and the kids had a ball!

I am so glad the weekend is almost here...I can really use some mommy sleep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.