background

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bosses Day, Brownies and Boo!!

I've been so preoccupied with worrying about what we'd see (or not see) at the ultrasound this week that I have completely ceased to post about our friendship odyssey. So this one's a catch-up post!

Tuesday we had a neighborhood playdate scheduled at our local arboretum's pumpkin patch. We got there at 9am on the dot, despite the dizziness from my medicine beginning to settle in. We were to meet at the front gate and I was surprised to see no one waiting for me. I'm used to being the first one to events due to my punctuality issue, so I decided to wait for the late-comers to show up. To my great surprise, no one was there after another 15 minutes. Looks like we were on our own!

It worked out pretty well, anyhow. The patch was totally empty, except for 2 other children, and we were able to run from cluster to cluster taking pics. Here are some of my favorites:





Wednesday we took it easy at home. Since we were just hanging out I decided we should make some triple chunk brownies! We both got all gussied up in our aprons (D got a new apron at last week's Market in the Meadow Craft event). Isn't he the cutest little baker??



Friday Daddy had a Boss's Day celebration at work. Since this was actually last week we had already given him a little token of our appreciation. Here's our $7 version of the florist's $25 one.



We also Boo-ed our neighbor Friday. They are newlyweds and both work so they haven't gotten to participate in many of our social events yet. I thought it would be nice to let them know that they are being thought of by Boo-ing them. I found the little Boo bag in the Target dollar spot. I just put some of Daddy's leftover candy inside and hung the bag on their front door.



Today I'll be hand delivering the Fall Camp t-shirts and detailed itinerary to our little campers. Make sure to check back in a few weeks when we have our camp. It's happening November 8-12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.