background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

RAK: my Lenten journey

So.....it's been a while. Sorry.

I have been having a ball with my Lenten "sacrifice". There have been days when we have not left the house so those days I didn't get to RAK anything/one. I am not stressing about it as Lent isn't about me stressing out, it's about focusing on being more Christ-like. I'm sure Jesus didn't stress out if he didn't perform a miracle every single day, right?

I've done pretty well, despite our homebound days. Here's the list to date. I even left blank the days that we were not able to fulfill our obligation.

Feb 29- out closing day on our old house. We put a case of beer in the fridge along with a congratulations note to the new home owners. They emailed to thank us for the welcome!

March 1- I helped a lady carry in some of her items for a consignment sale.

March 2- I brought about 7 of Jillian's hats to a neighbor who just had a baby girl and posted a plea on FB asking for any old hats to use for photos.

March 3- Nothing today.

March 4- We welcomed the soldiers home today! What a GREAT way to start the week!!

March 5- We put individual servings of popcorn in snack size ziploc bags and included our RAK note. Then we taped them onto the Red Box machine outside the grocery store.

March 6- We went to the DMV as well as two different laundromats to drop off books. Children's as well as novels for the adults (not the x-rated kind).

March 7- Welcomed hubby home with a stay-at-home-date. We had FUN!

March 8- I had to drop off something for a lady in my playgroup and she had just had her second baby so I stopped at the store and grabbed some Biscoff cookies for her to enjoy.

March 9- Another lady in my playgroup is pregnant with her second and we went to lunch. She asked me where I found maternity clothes to fit my small frame and I told her to come by and take all my clothes away....and she did!!

March 10- Nothing.

March 11- served the refugee meal after Mass

March 12- Held a BUNCO night at my house with the proceeds going to my pre-eclampsia walk instead of a winning pot.

March 13- We did a Meals on Wheels delivery. It was awesome!

March 14- Hosted a playgroup at my home to make cards of appreciation to be sent to the troops overseas.

March 15- Signed up to bring a new mom a meal in my neighborhood.

March 16- Took my two nephews to the mall for a while so my MIL could rest.

March 17- Funneled charity information from my friend in the know to a friend who was wanting some information.

March 18- Attended a baby shower for a relative even though our schedule was totally hectic and we prepared them to think we were not going to be able to make it. It's a HAUL out there!

March 19- Made cookies for our new neighbors.

March 20- Nothing today.

March 21- Did another Meals on Wheels delivery. FUN!

March 22- Nothing today.

March 23- Gave the AT&T repairman a homemade cupcake and some juice as a thank you.

March 24-Nothing today.

March 25- Nothing today.

March 26- Had cooking camp for Dominic this week and gave the babysitters dinner and dessert as a special thanks!

March 27- Donated 24 filled eggs to fill refugee Easter baskets.

March 28- Donated to the Leukemia foundation.

March 29- Picked up Gammy and Gampy at the airport and made a large Welcome Home sign and gave Gammy a dozen tulips!

March 30- Organized a Couple's Date Night and had an awesome time.

March 31- Took a walk with Dominic this afternoon and stopped at a neighbor's home to let them know that their house is Dominic's favorite house in the hood. They were pleased as punch!

April 1- Donated TONS of bottles to the White Rose Center.

April 2- Gave a $5 donation to MS at the Toys R Us checkout counter.

April 3- Put $2 in quarters in snack size baggies along with the RAK notes and taped them to the Spiderman ride at the grocery store.

April 4- Had a prolonged conversation with Carol, a lady at the dollar store who admired my kiddos. A great-grandma herself, she wanted to talk about her own family and her life as a teacher and momma. She was reminiscing and while I would usually rush off before either kid could have a melt-down, I stayed and talked with her. Surprisingly, no melt-downs!

Wow! That's a LONG list!! Easter is this Sunday but I have a few days to make up for so I'll continue for about another week.

I'll have to post about cooking camp another time. Let's just say that the attention span was hit or miss for this theme! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.