background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

St.Dominic's Feast Day Celebration

St.Dominic was a passionate follower of Christ. He dedicated his life to God and not only lived as an example of Christ, but was a passionate speaker of Christ's love. So much so that an entire order of priests is dedicated to him.

St.Dominic's feast day was originally August 4th, but due to Vatican2 was moved to August 8th. This is good for us because we missed the 4th and were still able to "catch" it yesterday.

St.Dominic is rumored to have brought the first oranges to Rome and so he is often depicted with an orange in his hand. Also good for us! I made an orange cake for Dominic and we sang "Happy Saints Day to you!" before digging in. I rudimentally explained who St.Dominic was to Dominic. He smiled but I'm sure he had no idea what I was talking about. He just knows they have the same name- and that's enough for him. I mean, that's a great reason to have cake, right?

I found this quote from St.Dominic and thought it was perfect for my little pirate: "I kept on digging the hole deeper and deeper looking for the treasure chest until I finally lifted my head, looked up and realized that I had dug my own grave."


I also designed Jillian's baptism invitations. I am VERY proud of the outcome.

I must admit, I copied the idea from tinyprints. I hope I didn't just violate any copyrights by admitting that. I won't link to the exact one, but if you are curious feel free to check the baptism cards on their site and I know you'll recognize it! I think I'm okay since I'm not selling them. Had I ordered them online I wouldn't have gotten them in time to allow for anyone to rsvp!

My mommy friend, K, is having her son, A, baptized the same day at the same Mass as us. It'll be special to have both of our babes baptized together! We were going to have a dual reception following the Mass, but she had to change plans since she has many family members who will be flying out of town that afternoon. Bummer.

We are inviting a few of our church friends to attend the reception, too. I know of 2 who will definitely come and the other 2 are maybe's (in my assumption).

I plan on making a creamsicle cake. Sounds good, right? If it turns out good, I'll be sure and post the recipe.

Now, back to the birthday planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.