background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three miles and 10 months away

Thursday morning we hosted a meetup playgroup at our house. In the days leading up to the event, we had 8 folks signed up to come and 4 on the waiting list should someone cancel. Well, the morning of, after we ran to PetSmart to drop off the dog, we returned home to find that 5 of the ladies had cancelled last minute! And none of the waiting list ladies could make it, either. Kind of sad, right?

We decided not to let it keep us from having a great time. D helped me make oatmeal cookies. And when I say help, I really mean it! He dumped in all of the ingredients, except vanilla, and even helped me mix it all up. He watched me roll them into balls and helped make sure the cookies stayed in a ball once on the cookie sheet. What a wonderful helper!!!





Three ladies came and we had a wonderful chat about all kinds of mommy things: including breastfeeding, pediatricians and the huge amount of money we have all spent on various toys that were impossible to pass by only to be disappointed at how little time was actually spent playing with them.

One of the ladies, AM, informed me that she lives just 3 miles down the road! Her daughter, M, will be one on July 4th and she loved watching D play like a big kid. She is just starting to stand and seems fascinated with how easy D makes walking look.

AM and I have made plans for this Tuesday afternoon to get together.

Friday I sent out an email to "the regulars" about the kid friendly showing of Charlotte's Web at our local theater. Of the 6 girls who received my email, 3 have responded. Two can't attend due to prior appointments and the other, L, said they'd LOVE to meet us!! So looks like it's a movie date for us tomorrow!!

I found out that R was in the hospital with appendix issues and had to have surgery. I haven't talked to her yet but plan on calling this afternoon to check on her. I bought her a get well card and plan on making some cookies to help her recuperate. Cookies are a GREAT way to help someone feel better, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

.