background

Monday, June 14, 2010

It's the little things...

This afternoon we met A and L at SMG for a matinee movie. The theater was showing Charlotte's Web (the new version with Dakota Fanning)for $2 adult ticket and $1 kid's ticket. The ticket lady let D and A in for free! That's the cute discount, folks.

The boys did great! We brought lunch for them and they ate while the movie played. Both boys started to get wiggly with about 20 minutes left but there were no meltdowns. Next week they are showing Curious George and we are planning on returning. R mentioned that she would like to bring G next week so we'll have to invite them along as well. Even if they don't make it through the whole movie, we're only out 2 bucks!! Can't beat that, huh?

After D's nap we went to Michael's and picked up some materials for a project I've been wanting to put together. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do but I knew that I wanted to make D a form of felt board game. Something quiet that he can play with at church or in the car and not bother anyone.

After checking out all the aisles (twice) we decided on a felt puppy game. I took one long firm piece of felt and folded it in half. They had some felt pieces that are adhesive backed and we picked up 5 colors. I also found some iron on puppies that we snagged. Last, I grabbed some velcro.

Here is the finished product (minus the spinner that I just can't figure out!).



D will spin the spinner and move his puppy to the appropriate colored spot. The object is to get your puppy "home". Cute, huh? And it'll reinforce his colors. He LOVES moving the puppies around the board!! It's the little things, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

.