background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jillian's Neopolitan Bakery First Birthday Party

We are officially one! I must say that Jillian seems to have gotten a little easier since this turning point. Whether it is in my imagination or not, one thing is for sure: naptime/bedtime has gotten SOOO MUCH EASIER!! She no longer cries herself to sleep. It's really weird. We go into her room, I get her in her jammies, we turn off the lamp, we turn on the white noise machine, we snuggle in the chair under the blanket and she just rests her sweet head on my shoulder and gets all sleepy. I can put her down groggy and leave the room and she doesn't make a peep! AND.....she's been sleeping all night! Without having to nurse 8 hours later!! BIG TIME, folks!

I like to think that this turn of events is due to her extreme pleasure with her first birthday party. I imagine that she was so pleased with how every last detail came out that she decided to turn down the drama a bit and let mommy have a long-needed break.

We had 7 different Italian pastries, 4 of which I hand made (with a little help from the Italian grandma's); pizzelle, struffoli, cannoli and neopolitan cookies. I found sfogliatella at a local Italian market and found arancini in the freezer section! The cake was three layers; strawberry, vanilla and chocolate!

Here's some photos of the girly goodness that went down at her party last week:

The view as you walk in...

The sweets table...

The ice cream cake that I wanted to make. I HEART how it came out!!!!

The birthday girl with her Gammy...

The best photo I have of the inside of the cake!!!! What was I thinking??? Spent all that time making it three flavors and then didn't even get a good shot of the inside???? Rookie mistake!!

The favor table...to-go boxes filled with Italian pastries. YUM!!

I am so happy with how it turned out. We had friends and family join us to celebrate this milestone and little Jillian just waved and smiled as if she knew the fuss was all about her!! I think this is a hint at her personality...

Tune in next week for another round of camp!!! Should be a great one!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

.